Pages

Monday, August 09, 2004

Help...Album

On September 9, 1995, War Child released an album called Help. Featuring, among others, Oasis, Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, Paul McCartney, The KLF, Blur, The Charlatans, The Chemical Brothers and Paul Weller, it was a fund-raiser with a difference - you see, before Help, charity records always followed an unspoken rule... they were rubbish.Not only did the proceeds of this particular record help children caught up in a shocking war in Yugoslavia, it was also very good.

I bought the Help album when it first came out in 1995 - a bit of a gamble since it had no track listing at the time. Now thanks to the new website I finally have an artist and track listing for it. I still think it's a very good album. An interesting mix of bands and tracks, but it all goes together quite well.


I always particularly liked the version of Dream a Little Dream by (I now know) Terry Hall and Marijne from Salad. Lovely track - I like the way it sort of swirls around between the speakers.

No comments: